Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Little Pre-Schooler













I just had to make a quick post about how much Caleb loves nursery school. He just bounded out of bed yesterday and said "I'm going to school today!" It was so adorable. This morning he said, "Mommy, is it school today?" I felt so bad saying that it wasn't! I am really amazed at how many of the kids names he knows and how easy it was for him to hang up his stuff and get his shoes on by himself. He even recounted everything that was in his snack to my mom last night on the phone. Carson used to always say he couldn't remember so this is a real switch. It's fun on the way home from walking to the bus stop at 345 to hear the boys argue who is going to tell mommy a story from school. My boys sure are growing up! One of the moms at preschool asked me what I was doing with my "alone" time yesterday morning. I answered that I was going grocery shopping and she said "the whole time?" and guess what? I was there the entire time and was almost late picking him up! I had to laugh at myself but it was nice to shop alone and that will be the one thing that I will be doing with my "alone" time. Although I must admit I am having breakfast with a few friends tomorrow! The rest of the week has a bit of running around as tonight there is Carson's music lesson and tomorrow Caleb has his first music lesson. Then in the evening is a welcome back BBQ at Carson's school which will probably end up being in the gym as the weather has been crappy. Then on Friday my nephew is having a fun 7th birthday party in the afternoon because he has the day off of school. Carson doesn't and I am going to take him out of school early-yikes rebel mama! We hope to go to the lake again for a bit on the weekend. Last weekend we had a lot of fun and some sunshine to go along with it. We were a little chilly but we have some coziness from baseboard heaters. My husband tried soooo hard to make a fire but the whole cottage just kept filling up with smoke and I am still smelling it around here! Yuck! We enjoyed walks, bike rides, steak, canoeing, burning branches, kicking the ball with the boys and watching the premiere of the apprentice! Thank goodness for tv, pvr's and movies out there! Oh and raspberry schmirnoff ice! Anyways, I packed up a bunch of cupboards and now have 2 of everything at home but that's ok - it will get used over the winter and then we will start fresh in what feels like a lifemtime from now - spring!

No comments: