Monday, August 17, 2009

Kindergarten on the horizon...


















I feel like I'm in a race to have fun as September approaches but the weather is holding me back! We've tried to work around the weather and have had a great month so far. My cousin Jessica and her 22 month old daughter, Priya came to town on the 26th and we all got a good chance to bond! The boys adored Priya and were all over her from the moment they woke up in the morning and saw these strangers in our basement! Luckily Priya enjoyed the attention they smothered her with and they all got along great. After she stayed at our place for a few days I took them to Steinbach and surprised my grandma with Jessica's arrival. We had wonderful family BBQ s and cousin's only dinners and then of course my grandma's 85th party. It was an emotional week as we all bonded and caught up and realized that there's nothing more special than family ties! After that week was over we spent some time renewing our strength! And then went full swing into birthday parties, beach days, and many outings. The boys have been doing really well as I drag them all over in an effort to soak up as much sun as possible! We've also been working at home on our yard which has really tired us out. This last weekend the boys had a much anticipated sleepover with Nana and Chris and I went to a wedding. It was nice to get dressed up and we had a nice evening. My mom is on holidays this week so if the pouring rain would ever let up, then we'll do some more outings. Carson really wants to play mini golf so that would be fun. Today I am taking shelter and cleaning up pee as I leave Caleb naked all day. Thanks SHAMWOW! Actually he's doing well and had some fun taking a pen to my ivory dining room chairs. That's OK I needed a project today...the joys of motherhood! This week will be busy for Chris as he continues to pack before he gets posession of his new building next week. There are lots of interesting challenges that are exciting but draining as well. Being in the Auto Mall and selling new cars will be a whole new ball game! See ya in a Kia!

2 comments:

Greg and Tanya said...

Yeah - an update!
Love all the pictures and the updates. You look AMAZING in your black dress!! What kind of things are you doing on your yard?? Hope the rest of the summer is rain free so you can enjoy the outdoors with your boys!
Tanya :)

Kyle Johnstone said...

See told you SHAMWOW would come in handy.. haven't had too much time to use mine yet! Loved the pics! You looked awesome at the wedding... great to catch up! Thanks for the post!
Judes