Sunday, March 29, 2009




Well, the house is quiet which is welcome but weird. I'm suffering from my 3rd migraine in 6 weeks. Every second weekend and it's getting a little old. Unfortunately they are worse than I have had since Carson was born and I am ending up with my head in the toilet. I sure wish I knew why. I was sorry to miss church this morning but Chris didn't hesitate to take the boys so I got to rest with no noise which helped as well as give my prescription pills a chance to kick in. Anyways, Chris has taken Carson to the hockey game at the arena and Caleb is sleeping. The week was an interesting one with a huge snowstorm that kept us indoors the day I was supposed to get together with my old roommate from Providence who has been in Kenya for 3 years. Luckily I saw her the next day and had a great visit, kids and all. We also spent time with another college friend and it's so great catching up. Friday we got to see the friends we made in Cancun as they were in Winnipeg for their daughter's hockey tournament. The boys were thrilled to see them and it was also neat for them to watch these 12 year old girls play hockey! Yesterday I enjoyed a visit without kids to a friend's to see her new baby and I spent the morning making her homemade chicken noodle soup-which I hope she and her family enjoyed! Later we went to the World Of Wheels at the convention center which ended sadly when we realized that Lightning McQueen from "Cars" was not there this year. This week is spring break so we will not have school or music lessons but will hopefully get together with friends who are normally busy with school. And we will just keep waiting for spring...

1 comment:

Jess said...

I'm sorry to hear about the intensity and frequency of your migraines. That sounds miserable! But I'm glad that you were able to have some quiet time to get through it! And it sounds like you've had some really fun times lately! :)

By the way, Ashish and I have been talking quite a bit about finding a way for at least Priya and I to get up to MB this summer. I'll keep you posted as I know more, but I'm really, really hoping that it will work out! I miss you guys!!