Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008















Since I'm not out shopping I guess I will blog. Boxing Day is always crazy and after the arrival of my children I have stayed far away! I do hope to get to Old Navy as that's my fave on Boxing week. The boys Christmas Eve pajamas were from last year boxing week! Fun to pull something out after a year! Plus I always double those jammies up as long johns. Goodness knows we need them. Actually yesterday, Christmas Day, was a heat wave at -12 and today should reach -8 but as per usual we are expecting a storm and a fair bit of snow. If it's not one it's the other. Chris is home today and has been throwing up all night, yuck. We have 1 week before we leave so please bugs GO AWAY!!! Our house is wall to wall toys and is a tad overwhelming. I did manage to clean up all the paper before we went to my mom's yesterday but I'm already wondering where all these toys will go. The boys are playing like crazy and it's kind of nice to have a bit less fussing coming from Caleb. Should have brought a huge sack of toys to church and maybe we would have survived longer than 10 minutes. Boy is that frustrating to go somewhere only to stand outside by yourself chasing a little one and miss everything. I guess I wouldn't really call Christmas relaxing but it is great to see the boys faces and their excitement. They also enjoyed snuggling with their aunts and uncles and playing like crazy with their cousins. Christmas was fun. It was nice to have my sister in law in town from Vancouver and her boyfriend came for a few days as well. We even got some family pictures taken which turned out well despite fevers and the like. Christmas Eve was nice at Chris' parents and we enjoyed a good meal before presents and church. Christmas day we enjoyed relaxing a bit at home surrounded by toys and watching the kids have fun. I played my new Singstar game for Playstation 3 although I was alone as I guess I frightened everyone away. Chris said I sounded like a sick cat. Thanks. I had fun. Now I'm going to try to regroup and then start packing as that is going to be somewhat tricky to be organized for 2 weeks. I'm glad there is a Walmart in Cancun! I've got gift certs for mani and pedi's that I look forward to doing before we leave so that I have nice toes for the beach! Babysitters??? Anyone??? I'm sure the week will go by fast especially with New Year's and on Sunday we go to Steinbach which we always look forward to. Here's a bunch of fun pics from Christmas. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Greg and Tanya said...

It was great to see you on Sunday!
Have a wonderful trip!
Your singing picture is pretty cute!
Tanya :)

Jon and Jenetta said...

Yea! I didn't know you had a blog. Found it from your comment on Greg and Tanya's.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!