Thursday, December 4, 2008

Full Christmas Mode










As soon as December hits you can jolt yourself into the christmas spirit without feeling too early. Now you just feel overwhelmed. These last 2 weeks we've actually had places to go which is a change for us! Carson had his last soccer and his last dance class. For January I think we'll stay at home and stick just to music lessons until spring. He really enjoyed the dance class (soccer not so much) and he was so excited to show off to Grammi, Grampi, Nana, mommy and daddy at his last class. They did the most adorable little routine to the Beatles "I wanna hold your hand". We also had a very nice family evening at my mom's church which included supper, bouncers and an illusionist show. On Sunday we went to my in laws church to see the annual Living Christmas Tree. It was the first year that we took Carson so we had a little dinner date with just him beforehand and that was special. My mother in law sings in the choir at the top of the tree and Carson thought that was pretty cool. The play was a bit long for him but it was nice to just worry about 1 kid that's only a quarter of Caleb's squirminess. Yesterday I was very happy to have a good friend of mine come to watch the kids while I ran around running errands and even doing a few things for myself - wow!! I was pretty pumped. I didn't come home with tons of bags or anything but I did feel like a human being and enjoyed smiling at other people and even having little conversations with other people in line and stuff. I know that sounds weird but when you're dealing with 2 little ones in the store you're probably not smiling. We're all healthy right now which is also a great thing after the things going around the last few weeks. I was quite sick and luckily the boys only got their millionth cold which is better than flu. The weather is starting to get colder which we knew was coming but still is a bummer. Stacey and I took the kids downtown this week to get their passports and we were grateful we didn't park too far away because the temperature really dropped. Their pictures were so adorable for their passports. It was funny to say to not smile for once. We have not booked our trip south yet and still plan to book last minute although it should be interesting to see what's left by then because there has been alot of changes this winter to the flights out of Winnipeg. They are few and far between and many are not direct (no way with kids) so we will see what we get. I still am hoping to go to Punta Cana, DR and have found some great resorts for the kids. We hope to go at the very beginning of January as it seems that's when the deals are. We are looking forward to some more Christmas functions in the next few days and hopefully I will finish my online photo projects and I guess I have to put up the tree. I'm curious to see what Caleb will do to it. Yikes. Well, enjoy the preparation for Christmas and I'll post some pictures of the kids and their excitement of the season. Oh and enjoy my Christmas card cuz those things are sure stressful!

2 comments:

tanya said...

Carson, you look so good doing your dance. It looks like a lot of fun! Way to go! See you at Christmas. Meghan & Dylan can't wait to play with you again.

Greg and Tanya said...

Thank you for the family picture!
Tanya :)