Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Celine Dion





Well, after waiting a whole year the big day had finally arrived and I was so excited. It was neat that Celine's new album and her appearance on Oprah were on the same day so that helped get me even more pumped. And the reviews for the show the night before were great. We had a great dinner beforehand and then headed to the show. We were very pleased with the seats and hatched a texting plan to switch halfway through. Mom and I sat on the floor to start and we really enjoyed the opening act, an impressionist singer who was extremely talented and funny. When the show started I did not cry like I thought I would but instead sat at the edge of my seat swaying and singing every single word to every single song, new and old. I probably looked ridiculous since I was the only one there who seemed at all excited. There were lots of older people and nobody stood or anything. The sold out show did not have a good vibe so that sucked but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The stage show was amazing with huge screens and great dancers and moving sidewalk things. Celine changed many times, was flawless and looked and sounded amazing. It was fun to switch seats as these were a totally different view and her stage jutted out with a catwalk into our section. Mom and I were the only ones standing and cheering around us and mom looked great in her 1999 tour Celine shirt. (Ha, Stacey)The show was over way too fast and I mourned for days that the show was over. See you again, Celine.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like it was a really great experience for you! I'm so glad you got to go! How is the new CD? I haven't heard it yet.