I guess the one good thing about winter is holing ourselves up in our basement and watching movies. Our movie room was finished by Chris a while ago but you feel guilty watching movies in the summer so we haven't used it much. But we've finally figured out how to use the PVR so Survivor in HD 7.1 is a whole lot more exciting! I've just been waiting to have some friends over to watch Sex in the City. I'm not a huge fan but it seems like fun. And no babysitters are needed cuz all the action is right here! It looks great-Chris did an amazing job start to finish. One movie I would recommend is Nim's Island. The kids loved it and even Caleb is going around the house saying "Nim Nim" He's so hilarious right now and is putting 2 words together like crazy. "Hi bud" he kept saying yesterday to Chris and he's finally saying Mommy and Daddy and Carson instead of Connie. It sounds so cute when he says Carson (although Carson's little English friend Harvey is a close second)Last week was the nail polish incident where he dumped an entire bottle in my bathroom. He came up to me saying "mess mess" with the guiltiest look on his face. At the time I was so stressed otherwise I would have taken a picture to prove how awful it was and put it on here. Then this week he decided to carry his and Carson's cereal bowls from the kitchen to the living room, of course dumping them both as he went along. Oh my gosh, he keeps me busy...As my small escape I've been dreaming of our winter holiday and pouring over trip advisor.com trying to find the best place to go. Prices are really good already although we'll still book last minute and hope they get better. Also you can check the weather when you go last minute and be sure no one is sick. So if you have any questions (or want to join us-must help with kids) ask me cuz I know everything there is to know about the resorts in mexico and dominican. I'm really leaning towards Punta Cana right now. The beach looks amazing and there are a lot of really nice 5 star resorts there. This dreaming is a strange hobby I suppose, and kind of a waste of time but it does help me cope as the days get shorter and the screams louder! Here's some pics of the movie room and memories from last winter.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Movie Night
I guess the one good thing about winter is holing ourselves up in our basement and watching movies. Our movie room was finished by Chris a while ago but you feel guilty watching movies in the summer so we haven't used it much. But we've finally figured out how to use the PVR so Survivor in HD 7.1 is a whole lot more exciting! I've just been waiting to have some friends over to watch Sex in the City. I'm not a huge fan but it seems like fun. And no babysitters are needed cuz all the action is right here! It looks great-Chris did an amazing job start to finish. One movie I would recommend is Nim's Island. The kids loved it and even Caleb is going around the house saying "Nim Nim" He's so hilarious right now and is putting 2 words together like crazy. "Hi bud" he kept saying yesterday to Chris and he's finally saying Mommy and Daddy and Carson instead of Connie. It sounds so cute when he says Carson (although Carson's little English friend Harvey is a close second)Last week was the nail polish incident where he dumped an entire bottle in my bathroom. He came up to me saying "mess mess" with the guiltiest look on his face. At the time I was so stressed otherwise I would have taken a picture to prove how awful it was and put it on here. Then this week he decided to carry his and Carson's cereal bowls from the kitchen to the living room, of course dumping them both as he went along. Oh my gosh, he keeps me busy...As my small escape I've been dreaming of our winter holiday and pouring over trip advisor.com trying to find the best place to go. Prices are really good already although we'll still book last minute and hope they get better. Also you can check the weather when you go last minute and be sure no one is sick. So if you have any questions (or want to join us-must help with kids) ask me cuz I know everything there is to know about the resorts in mexico and dominican. I'm really leaning towards Punta Cana right now. The beach looks amazing and there are a lot of really nice 5 star resorts there. This dreaming is a strange hobby I suppose, and kind of a waste of time but it does help me cope as the days get shorter and the screams louder! Here's some pics of the movie room and memories from last winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Cynthia!
Your movie room looks so warma and inviting - if you ever need people to watch movies with....cough cough...wink wink.... :)
It was really great to see you at Oma's this past weekend!
Tanya :)
Can I come visit your movie room?! What an awesome space! Great job Chris!
Post a Comment