I better get a post in quick before the calendar turns over to May! I was eager to share our wonderful trip to Florida but exactly what I knew would happen, happened. Chris insisted his phone took better pictures so we took lots of great pics on his phone and now I do not have them downloaded to the computer yet. Hopefully that is an easy task! Plus since we moved our computer downstairs I have not been on it very much and instead do a quick lookup on the Ipad. Which is maybe just as well as I am wasting less time and also we need to upgrade as our computer is not a happy one. We have had a bunch of viruses and stuff and I fear it will blow up at some point. Oh, electronics...
Anyways, we haven't been too busy since our return just before Easter but keeping busy with routine non the less. The weather has bounced around making it tough to plan any projects for the weekend. We are however mostly done with Caleb's room so we have some normalcy back. I have yet to put away books and toys and kind of dread that task so therefore I am posting!
For now I will just comment on our great trip to Orlando that we took at Spring Break with my mom and my sister. What fun to travel with family and have memories together! We got along great and appreciated their laid back attitude and willingness to do anything as well as their help with the boys. Going through Grand Forks is easy peasy and we loved it. Carson was thrilled to have a friend from his class on our flight and the 2 played the same NHL 12 game on their Ipads while he sat behind us on the plane! 3 quick hours later we were landing in Sanford and like 20 minutes later were on our way in a spacious and comfortable mini van perfect for the 6 of us. Soon we were pulling up to our condo in Windsor Palms and were a bit disappointed to find all the furniture moved around to accommodate carpet washing. We set it up and were happy with the cleanliness and as it turned out the condo suited us very well. It wasn't super modern but it was a great set up for the 6 of us. Shopping at Walmart for our groceries was fun as we piled on the chips and cheap booze! LOL It was nice to have milk, fruit, cereal and coffee for our weeks stay but we did not cook! Our first day was spent running some errands and having meetings for the new house that we bought in Florida and at 5 in the afternoon we had an appointment to see it for the first time. There was a family there so the arrangements were a bit tricky but we at least got to see our place before we signed anything. In the evening we had a blast playing mini golf . We were quite casual and enjoyed some shopping, swimming, tanning and generally relaxing and enjoying the heat. The big highlight was a Jets game in Tampa and before the game we had a great time at Clearwater Beach, a half hour outside of Tampa. It was crazy busy on the beach and everywhere as spring break was definitely upon us. We got to the game early and enjoyed all the festivities including the practice where we gathered with many other fans by the glass and cheered. We had great 5th row seats and even had a text from home saying they had seen mom and Stacey on TV. We were trying to avoid crowds when we picked our Universal Studios days but that was almost impossible considering it was Easter week but we had a great time at Universal one day and Islands of Adventure the other day. It was like 33- 34 and blue sky both days! We also enjoyed walking around Downtown Disney and the outlet malls. It was a great trip and I would be happy to help you plan your trip to Florida if you want to check out our new place!
4 comments:
Nice to see a few of our pics! It's already a month ago! I'm ready to go back.
Mom
Sounds like a great family trip! We saw Aunt Marge's pictures a few weeks ago and could tell you all had an awesome time together!
Tanya :)
Any new updates ;)
tanya
Looks like you've had some fun times! Are you planning any new trips any time soon? Any new updates?
Post a Comment