

c
Ok- I need to backtrack a bit here. We are now in March and I am really excited about that so I will quickly go back a bit and then look forward to spring! So far the new year has been pretty good, we had a few bumps in January with some crazy cold temps and some bad tenants but we have worked hard and overcome those obstacles and we have also been blessed to enjoy a lot of great weather as well. I don't think I have ever taken the kids tobaganning and skating this much before. How great to be outside sliding for several hours, that would be unheard of normally in Winnipeg in winter. The boys have enjoyed it as well. Carson is a great skater now and will soon end his lessons and move on to soccer I guess! Now there's a sign of spring! February really went quite quickly. Chris was gone a few days twice in the month on business and that was a bit of a challenge but I kept myself busy with mom things and as I always say, planning your kids bday is a huge undertaking. Not sure why but it is. So Caleb turned 5 on the 19th and we did several special things. On the thursday before we had an awesome party at McDonald's of all places! It was really quite simple as I got there early and put my stuff on a table or 2 and then preordered the happy meals for 11 kids and then the kids just played on the structure and had a great time. It was simple because parents could easily grab a coffee and stick around and bring their little ones as well. I made these great little teddy cars instead of cake and Caleb and I were so proud of them as we were able to make them together. When we got home from there we made marshmallow pops for the next day at school where I volunteered. We had so much fun. It's so cool when kids are so excited about their one special day! One time when he opened a gift from his friend he just screamed "HOW DID YOU KNOW THIS WAS JUST WHAT I WANTED!!!!" Everyone was laughing like crazy! I also got his pictures done at my friends who did them last year and they look so good!
So anyway, we are now in March and are excited to have 2 holidays this month...one to Vegas and one to Florida so I will cross off the first on the calendar today and the countdown begins. Here are some pics of the last few weeks including a trip to the lake where the boys discovered what it was like to walk on the lake! Also stay posted for pics of Carson's room which Chris (and I ) have been working hard at every spare moment including the last few weekends. It is almost done but we are waiting for the Jets border to come in the mail. Also, we went to see the Stanley Cup the other day at a special thing Chris was invited to and they took professional pictures but unfortunately I am not able to access them yet so when I can I will post those too...it was neat. Take care!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Caleb!
Wow you out did yourself with his party! Love the little cars. And can't wait to see the JETS room, I bet Carson is so excited to have his room finished.
This is a WAY overdue comment, but I just have to say that that party looks awesome! Love the pics of Caleb, especially with the sucker! And Carson's room is awesome! The light and drapery rods are so cool!
Post a Comment