Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 2011


































The month of June has been so wonderful, I am sad to see it end. I can't believe how much we packed into one month! We finally finished the rental we renovated and June 1st was a happy day as we had 2 families moving in (2 different houses) and we could have a big sigh of relief. It's always a big push at the end to get it all ready and then when they move in it's an abrupt end. We really enjoyed our time with my cousins from California and always love our time as an extended family. Caleb finished school at the beginning of June which was sad but we ended on a bright note on a field trip to the farm which was so fun...so glad I can be with him on those special days. He asks everyday about how many days till he returns. Then he squeaks, "What? 60 days??!!" We missed the lake so much that we were thrilled to invite our family out there on the Sunday before Carson's birthday and celebrate with a BBQ overlooking the lake. We had so much fun enjoying the sun and Oma was able to meet my mom on the highway and come along! After that we had the last swimming lesson and was so happy that all that rushing and driving around paid off as the boys passed each of their levels. (I had to drive way across the city for lessons as there were no spots available in our area). It was such a proud moment to see how far they had both come. Carson had a day off on his birthday so we had a special day together checking out the new playground at the park. Then the next day we had Carson's special party with his friends from school. 8 boys including Caleb at the local amusement park. What a great and tiring day! They had so much fun and it was rewarding to see Carson so happy with his friends and how much they enjoyed it. That day was also a sad one as one of my best friends moved to Ontario. She popped by before she left and it was so strange to see her drive away. But there wasn't much time to be sad as we left 2 days later for Florida. We had an amazing family vacation and even liked the heat...well sort of! I have never sweated like that before...We spent most of our time at Seaworld which was a first for me and I loved it. The boys loved it too and of course the penny press was a big hit again! Carson had his last soccer game when we got back much to his disappointment. It was a great season but a little busy to go 3 times a week. The wind up this past Sunday was a great family fun day and we all enjoyed it. Being sponsered by Tim Horton's they sure so a lot of special things for the kids. Now Carson is at his last few days of school so I fell like I should be getting all sorts of things done before he is home full time but the truth is - I am tired! LOL So lake life here we come!! Here's a whole bunch of pics to illustrate the month...

3 comments:

Greg and Tanya said...

Wow you have had a FULL June! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Was the Florida trip spur of the moment or had you planned that for awhile? I think we are going down there for our October holidays.

I love it that you post so many pictures - I love having a glimpse into your lives.

Enjoy your summer! If you come out to Steinbach to visit family let me know - I would love to meet up with you and the boys.

Tanya :)

Marge said...

Great pictures/Good memories!! Anyone who has been to Florida in the summer knows how hot it can get there. The humidity is what gets you. Nice to have you home again!!
Mom

Jess said...

What a whirlwind of fun and adventure June was for you!! Wow! Sounds like you are making a lot of fantastic memories with your family. Congrats to the boys on their swimming achievements! Priya will be taking swimming lessons this month too and is extremely excited. Love you!