Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Swing of Summer













I'm a full time mom now, my 5 mins breaks in the morning are over and more importantly my baby has successfully completed Kindergarten. I was so emotional last week as we raced around to last days and birthday parties. I tried to get stuff done in the morning as I used up my last few moments with just Caleb to lug around. It's been very busy around our household these days and it almost makes me miss the huge snowdrifts that forced me to stay inside and keep up with my laundry! The big news is that we bought a cottage and that has kept me quite busy organizing and buying things. We got possession last week and spent the whole weekend there where we worked our butts off in the extreme heat and humidity. We got lots done and I came home with another huge list of supplies that I will work at buying this week. Soon we will make it our own and will hopefully be able to relax! Who us? That's the plan! I will post some pics of the cottage and maybe talk more about it later but now I must stop my kids from beating the snot out of each other...

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow! Sounds like quite a whirlwind! Congrats on the cottage! It looks great! :)

tanya said...

Hi Cynthia, loved spending the day with you guys on Sunday. Your cottage and spot on the water is amazing. I really do hope you get a chance to really relax there! Meghan & Dylan LOVED jumping off the dock and swimming in the lake. Just say the word, and we'll come and spend the day with you any time. Remember..... I'll bring the food!