I can never resist a weekend away so when Chris's partner at Autotown was going away to Grand Forks for the weekend, we were happy to go with them. We were just there for Saturday night but we were able to get some quality family time in and of course some quality shopping time in. We were happy to get Carson's bike that we had seen when we went to Fargo a few weeks ago. And bonus it was much cheaper! That was at Walmart and then I also got him some nice clothes from there too. They had the most adorable animal t-shirts for $3.00 that Carson was just over the moon about. Not sure how we get so much shopping in with the kids but I guess they're starting to realize that when we go away to a hotel a lot of shopping goes with that! We didn't have a lot of luck with the pool at our hotel as it was very small and filled with a ton of unsupervised 13 year old obnoxious girls but the hotel was really cute. It's new and modern and the suite was larger and had a king bed and pullout couch which suited us well. As you know I get such a thrill from my deal digging and I was happy to get a winter jacket for 20 bucks and a really cute hoody for 2.99! I also enjoy the cheap groceries - I know my prices in this area - and find it's hard to know where to draw the line. Mostly I just get angry that there is such a price difference, often by half! Anyways, Chris has a lot going on at work and we have a few issues with our rental properties so it was nice to get away from that even if it was just for 2 days.
The kids started their swimming lessons last week and so far so good. Caleb did awesome and was on his own with 2 flutterboards swimming the length of the pool. Soon we will be busier with soccer 2 days a week as well but it's fun to have these activities that the kids can look forward to. Music will be done in a few weeks which is good because it's harder to practice when we would rather be playing outside! I also forgot to mention that Carosn lost his first tooth last week so that was a really exciting event. I was quite sad that my baby lost his first tooth! On Monday we had a great day when Tanya, my cousin and her 2 kids when they came over for a visit. Man, can those kids play! They were just soaked with sweat they were having so much fun playing tag and stuff. Well, I have to go and get Carson from the bus stop, I will try to make my next post about the kids and their growth as opposed to all this shopping!
2 comments:
Hi Cynthia, thanks for having us on Monday. The kids had so much fun playing inside and outside at your house. The only thing is that we didn't take any pictures (you know, for the blog!) We'll have to make sure we think of that for next time. We've got to document their playtime's together.
Sounds like a fun trip! I love hearing about the bargains you keep finding. :) Congrats to Carson on losing his first tooth! :) Did the tooth fairy reward him well? :)
Post a Comment