Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My "kid" turns 3






Well, my baby is no longer a baby! He's felt like 3 for a while but when it actually hit I still felt a bit sad. So I kept saying "my baby my baby" and Caleb did not like that too much. He said "I'm not a baby - I'm a kid!" He's had a rough week but he still really enjoyed his birthday and the attention. He had a fever for like 5 days and also had hives as a result. Poor thing was sooo itchy at his birthday party and was covered from head to toe in itchy red bumps. Sheesh-I'm getting a tad sick of the virus around here. I have had a head/sinus cold for 2 full weeks and have never gone through so much Kleenex. Miserable! That is the joy of living in this cold climate and being stuck indoors so much. It is cold right now with a windchill into the -30's. On the plus side the sun is shining and the house is bright and cheery. Caleb is content to be at home playing with his cars and doing puzzles while Carson has moved on to video games. Already? Chris and I enjoy watching Olympics and of course our shows like the Bachelor and Survivor. Should I admit that? I must say that on our big screen in HD those shows are kinda cool. So is Olympic hockey. I really should be more creative with my time but when you don't feel well it just doesn't happen. Life is so different when you are a stay at home mom. Days are filled with jelly sandwiches and cleaning poop from underwear. Strange! I guess that's why I hang on every word when Chris comes home with Kia tales. I went to visit him last week and was thrilled to put stamps on service notices that go out to customers. But I had only put on 1 stamp when Carson decided to have a public meltdown because I wouldn't allow him an iced tea from the drink machine. Needless to say we had to leave and I was disappointed because I enjoy spending time there. Makes me feel a part of the business. Oh well, one day. Anyways, I'm rambling. Life really isn't hard-just different. But I should be used to it - I've been home for 3 years now! Wow! I will continue to enjoy my baby as I sign him up for preschool in the fall and we move on to the next chapter! Here are some pics from Caleb's BDay.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Happy belated birthday Caleb! I can't believe you're 3 already!!!

Did you make that cake, Cynthia? It's so cute!

nicole said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!