Thursday, June 18, 2009











June has proven to be just as busy as we thought it would be and with the nice weather finally arriving it has a whole different feel. We even have our air conditioning on and I wore a tank top-woh! The other morning we were playing outside on the play structure and Carson whined, "It's too hot!" Oh brother! Anyways, I seem to be a tad obsessed with the weather but seriously I just planted my flowers yesterday and I've been stuck in the house since October! Today I think I'll finish this quickly so we can get out to a park in the area and then I have to go buy diapers which sucks but what can you do? Caleb refuses to wear pullups even with the Lightning McQueen pictures. Carson is really good at encouraging him which is cute but he is so stubborn and will not go anywhere near them. Must be a security thing. Until we're over that hurdle it'll be tough to be completely potty trained.Too bad because he would be done no problem - oh well...
We had a great and busy weekend on June 13 and 14 and we are still recovering! Not really, but we are still talking about it. Carson had a great birthday party and despite a little fear at first that everyone else in Winnipeg decided to have a birthday party at the park, we finally found a great spot. It was so weird having 12 kids to organize and I was so thankful to have the help of other mom's because I'm not super great at it but we had fun playing a few games. Luckily my mom brought a parachute from work that went over really well and of course boys this age just want to play soccer! We also had a pinata that was so fun! It was so nice to spend such a beautiful afternoon with family and friends and see the happiness on Carson's face. I got quite a few compliments on the party and that made me feel good because I had put alot of effort into it and us moms never get any recognition. I started to think I was going crazy cuz I was obsessing so much about the party but I guess that's what mom's do.
On Sunday we had our church picnic which was a really great time with just Chris and the boys. It was some quality family time and the boys had lots of fun with all the activities they had for them. After that we rushed to Chris's grandma's 90th birthday party. It was very nice once I realized that I could not control my boys and their cousins as they ran through the room like crazy. "Boys will be boys" was a common phrase that day. I was glad to drop the boys off at my mom's after that while Chris and I took Chris's cousin from BC out for dinner. I really wanted to have an actual adult conversation with him and it was nice to catch up.
The following pics show some fun from the events I just mentioned. Off to the park!

No comments: