Wednesday, April 15, 2009




I'm a bit behind on my posts but I will go back to Easter in order to catch up!
The Easter Bunny came to visit our house but oddly enough it was the "God Talk" that was more present. This was great but a bit of a surprise! I had gotten a few Easter books out of the library and when I was done reading the Easter Story of Jesus dying on the cross I asked Carson what he was thinking and he said, "Mom, Teacher Sheri read this story at preschool and then they read it at church so I already know all about this." OK...I guess gone are the days when I am the one that teaches him everything he knows. This is neat but also plenty scary!! Then yesterday Carson suddenly wanted to know how God could be with everyone -"like in the world-like 20 people or something." He said, "Does he split himself into a bunch of pieces?" Yikes! I'm not so sure I'm ready or qualified for all these questions and plus he totally shocked me with how amazing his brain works. Where is the innocence? So I have some homework to do!
I've had a few fun evenings out now which has been nice! I went to the New Kids on the Block concert not too long ago and it ended up being a really great night. The boys still had their touch and the whole arena screamed like crazy. What a time warp! I actually went to their concert back in the day so it was pretty neat. It's cool to relive the fun times of childhood and music always instantly transports you there. Their new music is good too. There were a few cheeseball moments but that made it even better because it was almost like a boyband spoof. Anyways if nothing else it was a night out but I did really enjoy it. Then the other night my mom and Stacey and I went to see 17 Again which was a fantastic movie! It was a last minute plan and I'm glad that I can do stuff like that now! Thanks, Chris! I'm also enjoying the exercise class that I am taking on Thursday nights called Total Tone. Boy am I in rough shape! We won't go into that...
I guess my craziest news is my lovely black eye. Not so lovely at all! It is soooo ugly and it's not so fun leaving my house to show it off. After the fifth day it is still horrible and a nice shade of black and yellow. It's weird because you want to explain it to random strangers but you don't so instead people look at you funny. I never knew that a blow to the head could end up like this! Caleb head butted me while asleep in our bed so it was a nasty way to wake up in the middle of the night. He's fighting with his 2 year molars so I guess he was thrashing around a bit and boom right on my temple. Boy did it hurt! Too bad it lasts so long, I'm not even sure we can go out tonight for Chris's birthday.
Anyways, that's my "excitement" for now! It's probably best I just stay home and continue my spring cleaning!

1 comment:

Jess said...

That concert sounds like fun! I was pretty blown away when I heard that they were reuniting! I never got to see them back in the day (when I was totally obsessed with them - LOL!). It's fun that you got to experience both then and now.

And now neat about Carson asking such great questions! I'm sure it must be challenging to find ways to help him understand things that are complex for us!